Sunday, January 25, 2015

Timeless Figure

The "Masks of Mickey Mouse" seem to slip through time, and are reincarnated throughout multiple generations and cultures. Brockway asserts that Disney's creation seems to touch on, and embody an archetypal figure that exists within the human psyche. Somehow Mickey Mouse has grasped everyone's love and attention, and this connection does not exist solely in one generation, but multiple. Brockway falsely predicted that Mickey would lose popularity after transition into the 21st century, and while many new Disney movies hold children's attention in this modern era, Mickey Mouse still exists as the symbolic owner of the Disney corporation. Mickey Mouse was able to transition from one era to the next, and possessed a remarkable ability to play different roles that sympathized with many different types of audiences, both young and old. His magical character,  existence as a mouse, and somewhat humorous stature gave Mickey Mouse an amiable and enrapturing aura. It had never crossed my mind to think if Walt Disney's little character as something bigger than just that, a character. But it seems that Mickey Mouse is the one fictional character who has held people's hearts closest for the longest time since he was drawn. I loved Mickey Mouse as a child, and I still find a connection with him today. Even as a child, I somehow knew that Mickey was related to fun I would experience at the parks. I believed that Mickey somehow owned all the different rides, and I knew it was Mickey's theme park. Disney's creation seemed to come to life in different forms that traveled with me as I grew from a toddler into a young teen, and Mickey's luster seemed untarnished. I believe that Brockway is correct. There's something special about the little mouse in the read shorts and giant ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment